I’m not doing enough! You’re not doing enough! We can fight or sit on the sidelines; I choose fight! #EndALZ
If you have a family member that has died from this disease or have a family member with this disease; you have to step up and do more.
If you work for the Alzheimer’s Association, volunteer, walk or leverage the services offered by the Alzheimer’s Association; you have to step up and do more.
If you do not support a charity; you need to step up and do more. It doesn’t matter what charity, but you need to support something with meaning. Just think if people supported a charity the same way they support a football team.
Really, our priorities are messed up!
We have millions of people voting for people on Dancing with the Stars, The Voice and American Idol. We have people that watch reality tv shows and a toddler (Honey Boo Boo) that is being exploited by her parents. We have to fight for something real. If all you care about is the next reality TV show; wake up and realize that there are more important things in life.
When you finally wake up, it may be too late for your parents, a loved one or for you. Act now, so you do not have to live through someone else or you suffering from this horrible disease.
Everyone in this world, needs to get behind at lease one charity and be a champion for something important. It does not matter what charity, just stand up and fight for something.
I have chosen to get behind Alzheimer’s/Dementia. My Mom has this horrible disease. I just lost my Aunt Helen to this disease. I also have several family members suffering from this disease.
What should you do?
- Walk in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Follow the national and local Alzheimer’s Association on the various social channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, Google+ and Pinterest)
- Post a status update about Alzheimer’s on your social channels (At least once a week, if not daily)
- Use the hashtag #EndALZ (We need a consistent message)
- Challenge the National Association to step up and do more! We need to get appropriate funding to #EndALZ!
- Before you vote – Ask your politicians – What are they going to do?
- After the election – Email and call your elected officials monthly about what they are doing/not doing
- Volunteer with the local Alzheimer’s Association
- Join the Board of Directors for the Local and National Association
- Wear Alzheimer’s clothing to show your support and raise awareness
- Educate your family and friends about this horrible disease
- Call the Alzheimer’s Association toll-free number for help when you need to talk – 1.800.272.3900
- Raise money for an important cause
We need to take the conversation to the social platforms. We need to advocate in Washington DC. We can’t wait, we need to fight to #EndALZ today. Failure to act today will not be accepted! If you are not up for the challenge; get out of the way and let someone else take the lead.
Maybe we need a million person march in DC to get the attention of the world!!!
On Twitter at @AlzandDementia